How it works
Live data is available through this CSV file.
Data is updated every minute
by scraping the map on the TfL website via the official TfL data feed.
Please note, this is an experimental service built to support Cycle Hire App and I can't guarantee that it will always be available or that it will continue to work in the same way.
The first row on the CSV file, starting with a # character, shows when the data was last updated (in UTC time)
Each of the following rows has the following fields:
- id This appears to be a unique numeric for each Cycle Hire station
- stationName The unique name of the station, usually a street name e.g. Curlew Street
- areaName The name of the area where the docking station is located e.g. Shad Thames or Bankside (also known as village name in TfL docs)
- lat, long Station coordinates
- nbBikes Number of available bikes
- nbEmptyDocks Number of empty docking points
- installed Whether or not this station has been installed [currently always set to true - does not appear to be used by TfL]
- locked Whether or not this station is currently locked [currently always set to false - does not appear to be used by TfL]
- temporary Whether or not this station is temporary [currently always set to false - does not appear to be used by TfL]
Get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org